Courses this item is used in:
- Third Form Latin:
Third Form Latin continues the journey of Latin grammar by reviewing all material in First and Second Form, completing the verb paradigms for all four conjugations in the indicative active and passive, and much more. Third Form employs the identical format of First and Second Form,active, concise Student Text, systematic presentation in five units, extensive Workbook exercises, and a Teacher Manual with everything you need to successfully teach this course.
Based on twenty years of teaching experience, the Forms Series will be your guide as you and your students continue to successfully climb the mountain of Latin Grammar all the way to the top! The uniqueness of the Forms Series lies in two features:
1. It is committed to the trivium model of teaching grammar systematically in order to facilitate retention and understanding, rather than topically, to facilitate translation.
2. Extensive workbook exercises ensure skills mastery and rapid recognition of inflected forms.
Third Form mastery:
- Perfect system passive of 1st-4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Active and passive subjunctive of 1st-4th conjugations and -io verbs
- Imperative mood, vocative case
- 4th declension neuter nouns
- 3rd declension adjectives of one and three terminations
- Nine irregular adjectives
- Regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- Pronouns: 3rd person, demonstrative, intensive, reflexive
- Syntax: apposition
- Adjectives used as nouns
- Subjunctive in purpose clauses, exhortations, deliberative questions
- Objective and partitive genitive
This Third Form Latin Set includes the following six items:
- A Student Text, which is small, concise, and unintimidating with 34 two-page lessons on facing, uncluttered pages.
- An everything-you-could-possibly-need Teacher Manual that includes Student Text inset with answers in color, scripted lessons, recitation schedule, extensive teaching notes, and an FYI (For Your Information) section for extra background.
- A full-size Student Workbook with 4-6 pages of exercises per lesson. These exercises teach concepts through practice and mastery learning.
- A Quizzes & Tests booklet with reproducible weekly quizzes and unit tests that ensure material is being mastered.
- A Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests) with answers to the workbook and quizzes/tests.
- A Pronunciation CD that includes all vocabulary and grammar forms for each lesson