Courses this book is used in:
- Second Form Latin:
Second Form Latin continues the journey of Latin grammar. Building on what the student learned the previous year, Second Form reviews all material in First Form, completes the verb paradigms for all four conjugations in the indicative active and passive, and much more! Once they have finished Second Form, students will have crossed the halfway mark on their Latin journey! Second Form employs the identical format of First Form—an attractive, concise Student Text, systematic presentation in five units, extensive Workbook exercises, and a Teacher Manual with everything you need to successfully teach this course.
Based on twenty years of teaching experience, the revolutionary “grammar-first” First Form Series will be your guide as you and your students successfully climb the mountain of Latin Grammar all the way to the top! The uniqueness of the First Form Series lies in two features: (1) Commitment to the trivium model of teaching grammar systematically in order to facilitate retention and understanding, rather than topically, to facilitate translation; and (2) Extensive workbook exercises to ensure skills mastery and rapid recognition of inflected forms.
This Second Form Latin Set includes the following six items:
- A Student Text, which is small, concise, and unintimidating with 34 two-page lessons on facing, uncluttered pages.
- An everything-you-could-possibly-need Teacher Manual that includes Student Text inset with answers in color, “Chalk Talk” scripted lessons, recitation schedule, extensive teaching notes, and an “FYI” (For Your Information) section for extra background.
- A full-size Student Workbook with 4-6 pages of exercises per lesson. These exercises teach concepts through practice and mastery learning.
- A Quizzes & Tests booklet with reproducible weekly quizzes and unit tests that ensure material is being mastered.
- A Teacher Key (for Workbook, Quizzes, & Tests) with answers to the workbook and quizzes/tests.
- A Pronunciation CD that includes all vocabulary and grammar forms fo